Have a look at all the tasks and lessons you have done over the last few weeks. Your task now is to make a cover (a front page) for your very own magazine.
- Go through the Graphic Design history timeline and choose a style and designer that you feel relates best to your personality.
- Using that designer/style as inspiration, use your name or part of your name and create a title/name for your magazine. Feel free to be creative!
- Add your own pictures, text, illustrations, elements as well as the proper typography and titles for your cover.
- The expression must represent your personality. (Remember the color choice regarding this).
- Remember to include what kind of magazine it is, for example cars/bikes, fashion, design, weddings, etc.
I chose the Swiss Style because I love taking pictures and pairing them with typography, I love posters and I like to use simple typography as well. The designer that inspired me the most was Armin Hoffmann.
The name of the magazine will be “Editarishop” a mixture of editing, my name and photoshop. The magazine will be about the topic “picture editing or manipulation” and will include a lot of images, inspirations, tips and interviews with masters of the field.
I actually edited this picture in photoshop and added the hat, the flowers and bow tie to a pigeon I photographed the other day.
The colors and the picture represent my personality. I like accentuating colors, I have a weird sense of humor, and I am a romantic person.