Practical Assignment 2
1.Name the three most important components of visual identity.
I would say that the most important components of visual identity are the logo, the colours and the typography.
2. Describe the difference between logotype and signature.
A signature is the whole combination of logotype and wormark of a brand, while the logotype is just the logo alone, when a brand starts getting recognice globally they might start to only use their logo alone when presenting itself.
3. Using Kuler create a colour scheme (using only three colours in each set) for the following products:
- A rich chocolate cake that is made from real chocolate. The keyword here is “quality”.
- A courier company that delivers internationally by air, land and sea – their main focus is fast delivery.
- An international insurance company that focuses on family values.
3.Write your name in four different typefaces, according to the following criteria. Use a typeface that:
- expresses a unique quality about you
- is inspired by your favourite food
- makes your name look sophisticated
- is drawn by hand
I made a pdf to present this assignment better: LA Typography