- who is the client?
The light catcher
- What is the client’s service/product?
Photography sessions, photoediting and artistic photography.
- What are their requirements?
The client wants a portofoliowebsite.
- What is the website’s goal?
The client wants a website portfolio where they can showcase their work, inspire people and get more customers.
- How are you going to achieve this goal
The goal will be achieved by giving the website a minimalistic look where the work will be the main element in the design, we will also divide the website into sections to give users more flexibility.
- Build the website architecture (so we can see what sections will be needed)
Home ( description and selected images )
- What is the design style that will be required?
The design style needs to be minimalistic, and emphasize the images. It also needs to be user friendly and have good interactivity
It has to be easy for the user to find the pictures they want without needing to go through all the others.
- What are your suggestions for marketing the site?
I would market the site by making a video of the workprocess, maybe a behind the scenes stylistic video that showcases all the work of the photographer, including all the different work with the link of the website at the end or a video showing the website, and I would use social media to spread the video as an ad.
Providing Your Own Hosting Service
If you choose one.com, the monthly fee is only about 1,5 USD a month, and there are step-by-step guidances to setting up the account, creating e-mail addresses, connecting via ftp etc.
By acquiring the web hosting yourselves, you get (depending the hosting service):
- Valuable training in providing hosting services
- Domain name of your choosing
- Personalised e-mail account with your own domain name
- Cloud drive
- A lot more space
- 24/7 support
- The service and domain name remains yours after your studies are done (if you wish to keep it)
Consider your domain name very carefully. This cannot be altered. (You can of course sign up for other domain names and delete the one you have, but “getting it right the first time” saves you a great deal of trouble.)
Also note that it can take 24 hours or more for the hosting provider to complete the registration. In some cases, you may need to print out a document, sign it, scan it, and e-mail it back to the hosting company.
Here is my hosting service, I decided to go with ProIsp as my host.