- Set up a meeting with a business owner and ask him/her what he/she would want from a website. Also ask him/her what the business strategy is and how the website would fit into it.
- Then write a detailed document about this.
- I would like you to use the information from this document and create a website architecture.
- Now let’s focus on the web design strategy. Your document should justify all the major decisions you make – from the domain registration, hosting, design and target audience through to what you decide in terms of programming.
Interviewing the fictional business owner of a photography bussiness that specialises in creating fantasy and dreamlike pictures for their clients
- What would you want from a website?
I would want a place were I could advertise my work and make it easier for people to contact me and book a shoot .
- What is the business strategy and how would the website fit into it ?
Cheaper, artistic images tailored to you. Each session is tailored to the personality of the customer. Get innovative and artistic photos of you that means something to you. Write your own story, a picture says more the a thousand words.
The website would help display this kind of work, inspire people and make it easier to book a shoot.
- Create a website architecture
WEBSITE ARCHITECTURE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY/PORTOFOLIO AND BUSINESS
- FEATURE IMAGES
- CALENDAR(SHOWING BOOKED DATES )
- BOOKING FORM
- Make a web design strategy
- domain: I would give the website a short and rememberable domain , perhaps just a national one since the company is still pretty small
- Hosting: Since the photographer is going to be updating the website pretty often, the best option would be to create the website with a content management system like wordpress, this means that I would have to find a hosting solution that supports this, I will probably start with a shared one since it is a small business and make sure that it is easy to upgrade in the hosting provider. I would also make sure it has a good amount of hosting place.
- Design: The design should be simple and don’t take the attention from the photos, but it should also have a magical style, just like the style of the photos
- Target audience: People that are willing to pay for something different, people who want magical pictures of their, babies, families, birthdays, and weddings. People that want to create memories with a touch of magic.